Thursday, February 10, 2011

Astorath the Grim Wip

Thanks to Christope in Switzerland I've been working on another dark version of Astorath the Grim. I decided to take more pictures this time around. Here's the airbrush work from layer one to 4.

The first layer was an even coat of dark grey, next I sprayed in some shadows and shadow grey highlights. I followed with some grey highlights. Next I re-applied some of the blue shadows followed by some white highlighting. It took much longer to paint and photograph all of this than it takes to read it.


Here's an in progress shot of some of the early brushwork. 


As of this moment he's safely wrapped up and making his journey to Switzerland. I'll post the finished pictures in the next couple of days. In the mean time I have some Adepticon entries to paint, I suppose I should buy my ticket soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment